Saturday, August 29, 2009

It's hard not to eat stuff that is delicious and horrible for you.

OK, friends, so this past week along with having Bryce start VPK (pre-school) and Jake start first-grade I started in on a new exercise regimen and eating plan with a goal of actually losing weight. For real this time... no bullshit. No excuses. No greasy pizza or potato chips... or chocolate... or Pepsi.

So, I started on Tuesday (Monday was a dark day of Five Guys lunch with a Dr. Pepper... a farewell meal, if you will) eating healthier and with two walks completed this week with my walking buddy Lisa I have to say that this time it may stick. I really do feel good and I even slipped into two pairs of jeans that I haven't been able to squeeze my fat ass into for more than 3 months. That, my friends, is motivation. (Thank you, Christa, for clarifying that with me!!!!)

I do not believe that I am going to be 115 pounds again. I do not believe that I will turn heads on the beach in a bikini ever again, but I do believe that I can look quite a bit better than I do now. So, let's see how this goes. Like the title says... It's hard not to eat stuff that is delicious and horrible for you, but I'm doing OK so far.

2 comments:

gimmegodiva said...

I am there with you--- trying to eat better and exercise, but those damn Dr. Peppers and chocolate keep getting in the way!! Wish we were closer-- I need a walking- jogging- running- wheezing buddy!

Christa said...

You just need to do what you can to keep those tasty morsels out of sight...out of sight out of mind! I finally got Steve to agree to the "no Coke in the house" rule, so that should help us get rid of the last of the high fructose corn syrup! ;-)
Just know you can do anything you set your mind to, and I think you just set your mind to it!