SOoooooooooooooo, yesterday I had a turkey lunch at Cracker Barrel and today? Yes, today was Chik-fil-A nuggies. Yum. I gave that meat-hating book to Michelle last night. See how quickly we forget?
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Posted by Alisa at 3:12 PM
Monday, November 17, 2008
We came back yesterday from Ft. Lauderdale... had a good time, Jason had a great race yesterday (see his blog http://www.doa-jason.blogspot.com/). I think I have realized (AGAIN) that staying in a hotel room with two small children isn't exactly an enjoyable experience, but we survived.
We went to Wannado City on Friday with the kids (expensive and maybe better for kids a bit older than ours) and then I got to go to dinner at PF Chang's with Brent and Karen Friday Night. We had a blast. Jason took the kids to dinner that night and then turned in early. Saturday the kids and I went to see Karen at her house while Jason rested up for the race.
The best thing about the weekend... we got a Wii! Played quite a bit last night and I beat the crap out of Jason at Bowling AND Boxing! You suck, Jason! Ha ha ha (Just kidding!!!!) At least I can beat him at something! It's fun and the kids really enjoyed it until Jake got totally pissed at Bryce because she was beating him at boxing... he pushed her (HARD) and had to be spanked and put in his bed. YAKES!
Posted by Alisa at 1:04 PM
OK, OK.... so I've been tagged. Thanks a lot CAROL! HA HA HA! Six random things about me... OK, this should be interesting.
1. I am obsessed with clipping my kids' finger nails. (Is that random enough for you?) I make sure that when I'm with them during the day that they are clean. I clip them at least once a week (while they're in the tub) and this weekend I almost had a coronary b/c we were away from home (no clippers) and the kids had longer nails than I've seen on some drag queens! FOR REAL!
2. I am sick of trying to lose just ten pounds. Really. I'm just sick of (trying to) watch what I eat and attempting to work out and still not get anywhere. I mean really, I thought the no-meat thing would help but it's hopeless! I am always apparently going to be me +10 pounds. Yuck.
3. I miss a lot of my old jobs. Don't miss the hours, the cranky bosses and lazy co-workers, just the fun, creative stuff that I used to do. I don't miss the inflexibility or the dress codes either, but it was fun being a part of a large organization. I wouldn't trade it for the world now (REALLY, Jason, I wouldn't) but there are days that I miss the part where I thought of an idea, brought it into being, promoted it and got press for it. That was fun stuff.
4. I LOVE HBO! TrueBlood, Entourage, Flight of the Conchords, Bill Maher, Little Britain... HBO has some of the very best original programming ever -- oh, John Adams. Some of my old favorites Six Feet Under, Sex and the City, The Sopranos, Carnivale, Deadwood (HBO you should never have cancelled those last two!) And, if it matters, I'm not a big fan of watching TV. Would much rather curl up with a good book.
5. I can only drink out of a Tervis Tumbler at home. Nothing else. I hate using glasses that sweat and leave rings all over the place.
6. My guilty pleasure in the summer time is a huge 7-11 Slurpee, half Coke and half Cherry flavor. I love taking the kids to get them after school when it's 90+ degrees and then go home and hop in the pool with the Slurpees lined up near the pool steps melting in the sun.
Jason, consider yourself TAGGED!
Posted by Alisa at 12:45 PM
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Posted by Alisa at 2:53 PM
Monday, November 10, 2008
What a beautiful weekend. The weather could not have been better -- I pretty much spent the past two days laying around reading with all the windows and doors open and hanging out outside with Jason while he worked on the landscaping. Jake had his best friend Malcolm sleep over on Saturday night and Sunday we had a picnic on the bayfront. The kids loved it, running around and tossing rocks into the water. We also spent some time laying on our backs identifying the different clouds in the sky. I don't believe it gets much better than that.
Posted by Alisa at 1:07 PM
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
So this morning at 9:30 a.m. I cast my vote for President and various and sundry amendments, local leaders, etc. It was very exciting to actually have people (other than that volunteer poll wokers) in Precinct 151, normally I am either the 2nd or 4th voter... a sad state of affairs. Still, there was no line, no wait, just signing and filling in the bubble and then voting... (you gotta love having a tiny Precinct)!
Posted by Alisa at 10:14 AM
Monday, November 3, 2008
A friend of mine who is an attorney sent me this awhile back and I found it today when I was cleaning off my desk. Thought it was too cute and certainly these rules apply at my house right now where fighting is the pastime of choice for both Jake and Bryce.
Posted by Alisa at 3:15 PM
How could I forget to mention???... Saturday night we went to see Bill Maher's movie, Religulous. My good and like minded friend Joe Messing told me that I just HAD to see it when I went to lunch with him last week and Jason and I LOVE Real Time with Bill Maher, so we knew we had to get a babysitter and go out to see this one.
The Youngs (a bit surprisingly to me) went with us to Burns Court, where it is truly fun to enjoy a movie with a glass of beer or wine... and then we headed over to Ceviche for some tapas at the bar. A fun night... and it's been awhile since we've been out sans children!
Back to the movie, I have to say it's quite honestly the best documentary I have ever seen! But maybe that is because I clearly enjoy having someone (esp. someone as witty and acerbic as Bill Maher) confirm my suspicions about religion in general.
P.S. Carol, please, please don't hold this against me, just pray for me!!! Just kidding!!!!!
Posted by Alisa at 11:06 AM
Posted by Alisa at 10:54 AM