Monday, November 17, 2008

Tagged.. I'm It

OK, OK.... so I've been tagged. Thanks a lot CAROL! HA HA HA! Six random things about me... OK, this should be interesting.

1. I am obsessed with clipping my kids' finger nails. (Is that random enough for you?) I make sure that when I'm with them during the day that they are clean. I clip them at least once a week (while they're in the tub) and this weekend I almost had a coronary b/c we were away from home (no clippers) and the kids had longer nails than I've seen on some drag queens! FOR REAL!

2. I am sick of trying to lose just ten pounds. Really. I'm just sick of (trying to) watch what I eat and attempting to work out and still not get anywhere. I mean really, I thought the no-meat thing would help but it's hopeless! I am always apparently going to be me +10 pounds. Yuck.

3. I miss a lot of my old jobs. Don't miss the hours, the cranky bosses and lazy co-workers, just the fun, creative stuff that I used to do. I don't miss the inflexibility or the dress codes either, but it was fun being a part of a large organization. I wouldn't trade it for the world now (REALLY, Jason, I wouldn't) but there are days that I miss the part where I thought of an idea, brought it into being, promoted it and got press for it. That was fun stuff.

4. I LOVE HBO! TrueBlood, Entourage, Flight of the Conchords, Bill Maher, Little Britain... HBO has some of the very best original programming ever -- oh, John Adams. Some of my old favorites Six Feet Under, Sex and the City, The Sopranos, Carnivale, Deadwood (HBO you should never have cancelled those last two!) And, if it matters, I'm not a big fan of watching TV. Would much rather curl up with a good book.

5. I can only drink out of a Tervis Tumbler at home. Nothing else. I hate using glasses that sweat and leave rings all over the place.

6. My guilty pleasure in the summer time is a huge 7-11 Slurpee, half Coke and half Cherry flavor. I love taking the kids to get them after school when it's 90+ degrees and then go home and hop in the pool with the Slurpees lined up near the pool steps melting in the sun.

Jason, consider yourself TAGGED!

2 comments:

Jason: said...

You should head to 7-11 and purchase a slurpee in your Tervis Tumbler, then take the kids finger nail clippings and put them in a bowl with a side of cream cheese while sitting down to some HBO. This along with the bleak future you have in the un-imaginative world of construction will probably make you puke!!! Thus, you will lose those pesky 10 pounds. Problem's solved.

Alisa said...

Have I told you lately what an ass you really are? Oh, yeah, I did that a few minutes ago. Well, it deserves to be repeated: You're an ass.