Monday, June 23, 2008

The Endorsement - Outside Showers

So, this weekend we did a whole bunch of stuff... went out for pizza with Nana and Papa on Friday night, Jason and Jake went kayaking and found a message in a bottle (total hoax, BTW)on Saturday morning, my Dad and Betty (GrandpaBetty as they kids call them) stayed over Saturday night, we had a late breakfast out Sunday morning with them after Jason's run, I got my pink chairs (yay!) from Michelle and David on Sunday and then they (the Youngs) came over last night for some grilled chicken. See, lots of stuff. But, I am mostly compelled to write about my early Saturday morning shower outside with Bryce. There was no humidity, no hot sun and no bugs, so Bryce and I decided to take our shower on the pool deck instead of in the bathroom. Now, for those of you who have not been to our house, let me preface this by saying our backyard is surrounded by an 8 foot opaque wood fence... the only people that could see us would have to be pretty high up in a ladder (which I would see) or flying overhead in a plane (which does happens frequently, but thankfully didn't happen Saturday morning). We got the soap, shampoo, conditioner and our towels out... turned on the outside shower and took the most relaxing shower E-V-E-R. One of the things I hate about taking a (regular) shower is that little sense of dread you feel when you have to turn off the water -- just before you wrap yourself up in your towel. You know what I'm talking about. It's 74 degrees inside and you get cold... very cold. Goosebumps cold. Well, outside, this is not a problem, as the temperature was a pleasant 78 - 80 degrees. Bryce soaped up the steps to the pool bathroom and played in the water. The birds were chirping. The sky was clear and the air felt clean after a nice rain on Friday evening. This is what life is all about. So there is my endorsement. If you don't have an outdoor shower, get one right away. Just make sure that you have enough privacy.

1 comments:

gimmegodiva said...

Maybe that can be our next house project....! It was so good to hear from you!!! Tell Jason I said hello!!