Thursday, June 26, 2008

19 Years Since 12th Grade

This has been an interesting week... I've reconnected with a friend from high school who moved back home last year (Christa) and also gotten in touch with a few others via e-mail... and even though my husband and I have known each other since sixth grade (yeah, scary I know) and he knows everything about me, it's funny to catch up with people who remember you at the most vunerable and tender stage of life... as a teenager.

(Christa reminded me about "Baby Tide," which was one of those tiny boxes of Tide that I got at a hotel on a band trip (I think) and proceeded to carry around with me at school for at least six months in 10th grade. She even has a picture of the two of us with Baby Tide. THAT would be a good one to post on this blog!)

I'm definitely the same person that I was back then, however, I think that I used to let that goofy side out more frequently, maybe it was those 1980s perms that made me do it... Christa and I are leading the charge to have an awesome 20th Class Reunion next year and I am delighted to be finding old friends as great, or even better than they were so long ago!

1 comments:

gimmegodiva said...

I had totally forgotten about baby tide!!! I am sure over the next several months leading up to the reunion we will be reminded of LOTS of crazy stuff!!! I am so glad you emailed!!