Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mom Required Reading: Nation of Wimps

I was talking to a Mom at my Boot Camp workout last week and she reminded me about this book which was publicized a year or so ago... I promptly ordered it and I have to say that I would make this required reading for all U.S. Moms and Dads. Yes, I know that's broad, but this book uncovers one of the most depressing social problems that will have lasting effects today, but most importantly, into the future. There is some psycho-babble and big words that even I had to look up (ha ha), but it's a great book to figure out what NOT to do with your kids. Since my friends (affectionately) call me 'Castro' when talking about how I deal with my kids, I was happy to read that most (not all, there is still room for improvement) of what I am doing is not going to scar them for life. Hopefully the toughness will make them productive, self-efficient individuals... but you just NEVER know!!!!!!! :)

0 comments: