Thursday, July 31, 2008

I've done it now...

The game is on... I just registered for the Tower of Terror 13K (www.towerofterror13k.com) and I am in trouble. I've got to be able to finish 8.something miles in under 16 minutes per mile with just under 3 months to train for it. And something you probably don't know is that I am the "girl who cried "I'll do it, I'll do it" and backed out of a 1/2 marathon and this very same event last year. Shit. I am so screwed. I have to do it or my name is mud. Main reason I'm doing it? I need to lose 10 pounds before next summer -- 20th high school reunion, I am not going there at this weight. Period, end of story.

2 comments:

Christa said...

Holy crap, you are brave!! There are easier ways to lose 10 lbs! I would say, sounds like fun, why don't we do it together, but I am wayyy to lazy!

Brent Hall said...

You can do it. I need a goal like that for myself.
I have been a bad blogger this summer. But I have had a nice distractions as evidenced in the photos. XOXO Brent-