Monday, July 21, 2008

Good Times in Kiss-issi-mmee!





So, this past weekend we went to Kississimmee with Nana, Papa, Jodie, Chris and Josh (and the six cousins) to stay at Nana & Papa's timeshare resort called Star Island. Well, I guess it is appropriately named because anyone (including me) can be a star there just by doing karaoke that is blasted over loud speakers that carry through the resort. I need to get the pictures from Jodie, but I belted out five songs on Friday night -- I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor (with Jodie laughing more than singing along with me), Takin' Care of Business by Bachman Turner Overdrive, Under the Sea by Sebastian the Crab (singing along with the kids including Bryce), Bust A Move by Young MC (that was hard -- lots of words very fast) and Only the Good Die Young by Billy Joel (Wow... that one was really bad). Saturday we hung out at the resort and then went to Old Town (cool antique car show) and the Fun Spot next door for some viseral fun... kiddie rides and the awesome Sling Shot, which Jason and I did twice! (That's me waving good bye on my second turn on it -- Look, no hands!). We had lots of fun and laughs, including delicious burgers and hot dogs on the grill, handwriting analysis by Josh Bennett and a paper airplane contest in the room Sunday morning. It's been great seeing Blake and Bennett and having Jake and Bryce connect with them is terrific. I'll miss them when they go back to Texas next week.

0 comments: