Thursday, July 31, 2008

T-minus 17 Days and Counting

Jake starts kindergarten on Monday, August 18th. This is a big step. Little did I know that all of those people who say "enjoy it, they grow up so fast" would be so right. I am delighted that the little guy is going off on his own to this brave new world, but at the same time it freaks me out because it seem like just yesterday that he was born. He's going to a great school -- BayHaven, has lots of friends that will be there (Malcolm, Isabelle, Logan and Jack), so it's likely that he will have someone he knows in his class.

I remember my first day of school and I have a lot of great memories of my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Moyer at Tuttle Elementary. Here's wishing the same for Jake. Love you, buddy.

2 comments:

Apryl said...

OMG! He's starting kindergarten!
I remember Lila's first day of Kindergarten. It was a good thing Bob was with me. It helped to not cry in front of him even though I think he thought the same thing.

Bring tissues the first day. TRUST ME! It hurts but it's a good hurt.
Be sure to take his picture before you leave the house on the first day and do it every year! You'll be amazed at how much he will change from K to first grade. Oh, and don't expect a lot of answers to "how was your day?" Lila finally said to me, quit asking me so many questions!
Enjoy it!

Alisa said...

Girlfriend, I am right there with you... I am so excited about it, but I know it's going to be hard. The school has a "boo hoo" breakfast on the first day for all of the parents of the kindergarten class. Gotta love that!!