Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hectic, but Happy...






Life is crazy... I can hardly keep up with it. But I can hardly complain either. We are busy enough at work to keep everyone employed (and getting overtime no less!), I've got some really fun, really cool freelance work that I am truly enjoying and the kids keep things interesting.
News on the home front... Jake started indoor soccer at the YMCA on Saturdays a couple of weeks ago, his first game is this Saturday... Bryce starts dance classes, also at the Y on Saturdays this weekend. Jake is really starting to like kindergarten (I was getting a little worried there for awhile), I think he just needed to adjust to his lack of 2 hour afternoon naps. I am still not eating meat and haven't touched a Pepsi in almost a week (shocking, I know!). I walked 6.81 miles on Sunday, did bootcamp on Monday... nothing since. I do not know if I will be ready for the 13K on Oct. 25th, but I am going to do it... no matter what!
Jason and I are considering a trip to Vegas with some friends for SuperBowl weekend... just need to get someone to watch J&B, so that we adults can go play... also I'm really trying to plan a fun, real, first family vacation for us this April (Spring Break)... any ideas for a fun family getaway would be appreciated... I've been thinking about going back to Vermont, we've tossed around Utah (I want to see Bryce Canyon)... I don't know, but something different would be great! Any thoughts, guys?

5 comments:

Jason: said...

I am amazed by your will power and how you fit it all in with the busy schedule you have. Also your kids sure are good looking. Must take after their dad!!!

Jason: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christa said...

I think you would have a travel guide if you chose UT. You may also be able to schedule in a white water rafting trip at that time of year, which would be really cool for all of you.

Apryl said...

Why don't you come to Iowa and watch the corn grow?!?!?

Wait, they plant around that time. Oh, well. You can tour a John Deere plant. There's nothing like seeing the shell of a combine (those things are REALLY BIG, BTW) getting dipped in the electrostatic swimming pool of John Deere green paint!

Alisa said...

I love white water rafting... the first one (and only one!) I've done was a 4 1/2 in NC and it was amazing! UT would be beautiful... but Apryl... that John Deere plant tour sounds great, too, but Jason would probably take exception b/c all of our heavy equipment is CAT, with the exception for one Deere grade tractor... CAT doesn't make a grade tractor of that same type! HA HA! Thanks, guys!