Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Deep Clean on New Year's Eve

The tree is down and all of the holiday decorations are back in the attic. Old toys, shoes, clothes are stacked up in the back of the truck ready for a trip to the Thrift Shop for donating and Jason and I feel a new sense of freedom in our own house from the clutter within (and out). We just (I should say Jason just) got finished going through the pool toys and all the stuff on the porch. It is so nice (and cathardic) to purge the unnecessary crap from the house. It makes room for the other, newer, shinier unnecessary crap that we've got.



I am not a pack rat and I hope that I never will be. I don't have any difficultly giving stuff away and I don't like having a lot of stuff around me... I've never been a big fan of garage sales or junk stores and I do not like knicknacks (sp?) AT ALL... I got very turned off from all that crap at a young age when my Mom made me dust around all of her 70s-era "decor," which I am sure is all dying a slow death in a landfill somewhere nearby.

Anyway, enough rambling, have a Happy New Year tonight and best wishes to you for a safe, happy and prosperous New Year 2009!

1 comments:

Christa said...

I hear you, sister! I would be right there with you if it weren't for the fact that it takes me twice as long to do stuff and it is harder for me to crawl into closets and go through stuff right now. I have a few bags of stuff that need to go to Goodwill, and they are in the garage...where our little raccoons keep getting back into them! No knick-knacks, either. Though, I have to say, I don't mind an occasional find at a thrift store, but I can't go through racks for hours like my mom can... Hope you guys have a great NYE. I am going to bed, even though the ball doesn't drop for an hour and a half!