Thursday, September 25, 2008

Reading Material Avalance/Tsunami/

Have you ever heard that the amount of printed information doubles every four years (or less)... I can't remember exactly what it is, but I used to think (as an avid reader) how great that was! More stuff to read, more to learn, more to share and show that I was erudite! (I don't know exactly what it means, but it sounds good, so just go with it, please). Anyway, I am now regretting I ever even had that thought. I freakin' can't even keep up with the stuff that I WANT to read and that really sucks. For fun, here's a list of all the stuff left (like a mis-behaved puppy) laying in piles all over the house.
Books:
Last Harvest (read 12 chapters last Saturday haven't picked it up since)
The Good Life Diet (read most of it about 6 months ago keep meaning to start it over)
You: Staying Young (same as above except 4 weeks ago)
Nurturing Resilience in Our Children (tried to start it ages ago, but I'm not into it)
Safety 24/7 (just bought it for work, will probably never read it)
Magazines/Newspapers
Real Simple Oct 08 (my favorite, usually read it cover to cover the day I get it. Got it over a week ago)
Fast Company Oct 08 (ditto)
Parents Oct 08 (still in plastic wrapper)
Esquire Oct 08 (in the potty room so I've seen some of it)
Also, Biz941, WonderTime, an article in Smithsonian from June, SRQ, Sarasota Magazine, Green Builder, Modern Contractor Solutions, a zillion copies of the weekly Gulf Coast Business Review and even a Wall Street Journal cover page article given to me by my CPA.
Oh, and some random American Express special publication about on-line marketing and a Scholastic magazine about kids are around here somewhere. I think I should start a paper recycling station right here.
Get the picture?

3 comments:

Jason: said...

hopefully you will read the divorce papers I left on the counter 2 weeks ago. SOON!!!

Apryl said...

Ouch, Jason!

Hey, Alisa! Does your Real Simple magazine say anything about not getting TOOOOO many magazines?!?!?!?

Follow the K.I.S.S. method and you'll be fine. ;-)

Alisa said...

Apryl, honey, a woman can NEVER have too many magazines!!!! HA HA! I simply need to add a few hours to each day, say we go from 24 to like 30 or something around there. Then I'll have tons of extra time! XXXOOO