Thursday, May 8, 2008

I wish I were 3 again...




Yesterday I went to pick up Bryce and Jake at their "school" I like to say school because it keeps me from saying "daycare" and makes me feel better about the fact that I'm not home with them 24/7, which I certainly couldn't handle anyways. (Shit, I can't handle the 48 continuous hours of a weekend with them!) ANYWAYS, I walk in and Bryce and her little friend Ryan are dressed up like gypsies... running around the room laughing and squealing... and I realized for the first time in a long time what a pleasure it was to be a kid. No bills. No headaches. No mortgages. No illnesses. No death. Everything was a frickin' joy ride. For the most part anyways. I think what I'm going to do now is really try harder to be more spontaneous with them and for them, which will probably make my life a lot better, too. Sorry for the philosophical entry. I am just sitting here realizing I could be playing with them now instead of on the computer.

0 comments: