Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Working on them...

OK, so the personal assessment thing worked out interestingly... because this weekend I started chopping away (literally) at one of my number 7s, "organizing my home office." This happened because we finally, finally, finally cleaned out the garage. And then when I least expected it, a number 11 hits.

7. I am delighted to announce that The Bennett's Charity Store Mor (read: our garage) is just about closed for business since Monique took all of her stuff back. Scratch that, since Jason and I packed up all of Monique's stuff and moved it back from where it came. Now all we need to do is get Michelle and David's table and chair out of there and it will actually be home to ONLY our stuff! EXCITING!

Anyway, in the garage there were two filing cabinets and a multitude of boxes/bags/piles of paperwork that I have not filed/organized/looked at for more than 2 years. Yup. 2 years worth of receipts, bill stubs, health insurance forms, kids artwork, yada, yada, yada. Our little shredder shred his heart out. I stuffed it full at least six times and I think I'm about 1/2 way through the mess. There are little bits of shredded paper all over the laundry room floor, but I'm happy because I'm making progress. I think Jason is happy, too, because he hasn't even complained about the millions of tiny shreds and they're a pain in the ass, they stick to everything!!!! They are beginning to appear all over the house. Sneaky little suckers.

11. I missed a phone call from my step mom on Sunday. My Dad had a blood clot in his lungs and was rushed to the hospital. He was in intensive care all day Sunday and was transferred to a regular room on Monday morning. The kids and I drove up to Inverness to see him Monday afternoon and came home Monday night. I am exhausted, but happy that I went. He doesn't look so good. Love you, Dad, and hope you get better soon!

By the way, for Mother's Day Jason made his famous spaghetti sauce. Yummy! I'm going home for lunch now to have some! :)

1 comments:

Brent Hall said...

I did this same thing after New Year. It was great. Love the blog!
XOXO,
Brent-