Saturday, August 9, 2008

It's Pretty Freakin' Far

I.... just.... got.... back. Still breathing heavy and hands are shaky so it's hard to type. I did the four miles twisting around the New College campus, over the crosswalk on US41 and back towards the museum and around the neighborhood and once again twisting around the bayfront side of the New College campus. Phew. I did it in under an hour though, 58:58 to be exact. Average time was 14:45 per mile, but I only burned 456 calories. Going to take a cool soak in the bathtub. I guess I need to get used to this. I want to do 4-milers in August, 6-milers in September and then sixes and eights in October, leading up to the 13K on 10/28. That is a scary thought... just in time for Halloween. How appropriate.

2 comments:

Christa said...

Four miles? Wow! You are my hero. I went 4 blocks today and was ready to turn around ~ though I have to say the "getting away from the kids" thing would be a HUGE motivator, so I get it!

Jason: said...

Suck it up you big baby!!! I kid, I'm so proud.