Sunday, August 17, 2008

Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season

Holy crap! This could be THE ONE. And, can you believe that it's named Fay? What kind of shit will we have to deal with if we get totally pummeled by a storm named Fay? I mean, maybe a little bit tougher name would be in order here. I was at Publix and people were in full FREAK-OUT mode... so the panic spread throughout the store as the cashiers rang up all the bottled water, beef jerky, batteries and canned goods they could. I think the chick behind the counter waiting on me had a wrist brace on -- she probably got carpel-tunnel from ringing up all of the people going through her aisle today.

We're in storm plan mode at home and work. Should be an interesting week. Oh, and Jakey starts kindergarten tomorrow. And he has a cold. Oh, and Bryce, too. With a fever no less. Stay tuned.

1 comments:

Christa said...

Hurricane/shmurricane... It is only going to be a category 1. I did a job during a Category 1 once. Inside, with lighting. The windows were bowing in the wind, but that is a whole other story. I haven't done squat to prepare, and probably won't, but you know I will be heading to your house in the big Cruiser if we get hammered and I am hot and hungry! LOL