Saturday, August 23, 2008

Starting to feel better...

Well, today I did four miles at about 9 a.m. and with a soft, cool breeze and light rain I felt invincible. I did my "old route" from when I was walking regularly about 6 - 8 months ago... and I really enjoyed it. I did the four miles in 59:05, burned 473 calories and averaged 14:44 minutes per mile. Mile four was tough as I started getting a cramp under my right breast and really slowed down... Oh, well. It was just what I needed. But another note to self, maybe I need to eat something before I do these morning walks... all I had was a cup of coffee beforehand.

Another nice thing, I got to spend about 2.5 hours of uninterrupted time at the office today which was awesome! Got caught up on a few things that were really starting to bug me, so that was good. Thanks, Jason for taking the kids to the movie.

I'm climbing my way outta the funk, methinks. I'd like to walk again tomorrow night, but that might be a tad too ambitious. We'll see how the rest of the weekend plays out.

0 comments: