Thursday, August 21, 2008

Not Enough Hours in the Day...

NOTE TO READERS: THE FOLLOWING BLOG ENTRY IS JUST A FEMALE B**CH SESSION. IF YOU'RE A GUY AND YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WOMAN MOAN AND COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW TOUGH HER LIFE IS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS ENTRY... AND BTW, GO F**K YOURSELF.

How is it that there is so much that I want to do and I can only seem to scrape the surface on some days? I have three business ideas rolling around in my head that I can't seem to get past the concepting stage, I have commitments that I have made for freelance projects that I really need to complete, and I have to update more than a week's worth of new contacts that have been found to add to our high school reunion database. This doesn't include the work stuff that I need to get to, namely closing out July in Quickbooks, finishing up billing for August, writing and designing a 1/2 pg ad, doing the 2009 budget, and WAY too many more tasks to count.

My in-box at work "over-floweth," yet anytime Connie asks me if I need help I am usually reluctant to give up some of this stuff -- unless I know it is her expertise area, which I do readily give her. (I think I do anyway.)

I think that I need some help with pritorizing stuff. I also think I want to get a real computer at home with the complete set up like at work with access to all of our files on the server at the office. (A work station, if you will, at my desk. )

Biggest challenge? Thinking that I was actually busy B.K. (Before Kids). What a joke. Now I've got to account for all the extra work a 5-year-old and 3-year-old add to my day. Two different school drop offs and pick ups. Lunches to pack. Etc., etc., etc. You know the drill. I'm really just tired of being tired. That's enough. I've got to go. Three loads of clean, but wrinkly laundry needs to be put away. And bedtime stories to read.

2 comments:

Jason: said...

Boohoo, Boohoo, maybe you should have married into money, or kept your legs shut, or should suck it up and deal with your shit, you mofo. Take a look around things could be worse. It could be raining, shit never mind it is raining. Besides I'm the only one that gets to feel depressed in this relationship. I'll take the kids Sat. on some type of adventure and you can do whatever you would like on your endless list that has you in a funk. Or you can just relax and enjoy the free time. I know I'm not the biggest help with things, but maybe giving you some free time will help.

Christa said...

I am the QUEEN of wrinkly laundry! It is usually hanging out in the basket until we have run out of all available clothing options ~ including clothes that are too small, too big, or that we wouldn't normally be caught dead in. I just had this phase of overwhelmdom. You just have to find one thing, that you know you can do, and do well, and once you accomplish it you will be proud of yourself, and it will steamroll into the next projects.
Yes, workspace at home is key. Once the little rugrats go to bed, and the house is quiet, is when I get a majority of my work done.